Melbourne Road Show: 29 April 2010
Thursday 29 April 2010
eWater CRC is providing an opportunity to hear about the latest insights coming from trials of the new eWater decision support tools in Victoria and other states.
Water management: Supporting better decision-making
Date: Thursday 29 April
Time: 3:15pm - 6:00pm
Venue: Hilton on the Park, 192 Wellington Parade, East Melbourne
The water industry is grappling with the need to effectively and accurately analyse alternative water management and climatic scenarios within rapid timeframes. Water systems modelling is now a mission critical tool to support this objective, requiring the seamless integration and synthesis of complex information from a range of disciplines and fi elds of knowledge.
eWater is working with partners in Victoria and throughout Australia to develop and trial a modelling system which will support analysis and decision-making across the full water cycle.
This session features a panel of Victorian industry experts and will provide real world examples of the modelling system in action, including:
- Murray-Darling Basin: source-to-mouth modelling for integrated management and operation
- Great Barrier Reef: protecting an international icon from catchment pollution
- Water sensitive urban design: implications for water security and effi cient water use
- Environmental water: Murray River – quantifying and communicating environmental water needs
Session chair: Garry Smith, Director, DG Consultants and board member, eWater CRC
- Professor Gary Jones, Chief Executive, eWater CRC
- Campbell Fitzpatrick, Executive Director, Water Resource Policy, Department of Sustainability and Environment
- Rory Nathan, GM Technology & Practice, SKM
Product demonstrations and refreshments from 5:30pm
RSVP Tuesday 20 April
Emily Allen: firstname.lastname@example.org or 02 6201 5168