Join the team at eWater
Can you use your skills to make a positive impact for the water industry in Australia and beyond?
We are a public, government-owned (NSW, Victoria, Queensland, South Australia and the Commonwealth) not-for-profit company promoting ecologically and economically sustainable water management. Our main role is to support the implementation and use of eWater Source and other eWater tools which underpin sustainable water management. We are based in Canberra, with a dedicated team of water scientists, engineers, software developers and supporting staff.
- You will have broad skills relevant to the job advertised so that you can support our mission.
- You must have an interest in science/environment, IT or professional services. You will have relevant experience drawn from working in a sciences or water organisation.
- We need you to combine your skills with the can-do spirit of our teams. You will be persuasive and effective working in a positive team culture.
- You will have a passion for what you do and the ability to focus and deliver results.
We welcome enquiries as well as applications for current openings below.
Rivers, Catchments and Entitlements Modellers
27 Jun 2014
Work type: Full-time, permanent positions
Salary package: Negotiable depending on qualifications and experience
- Engineer or Scientist $70,000 - $90,000
- Principal / Senior Engineer or Scientist $110,000 - $150,000
We are seeking a range of modelling specialists to work in our growing team to undertake an expanding portfolio of project applications, user training and support across Australia and Internationally. Duties may include project applications, design and delivery of training courses, development of specifications for software modification, testing of software and models, and preparation of user manuals, scientific papers and reports. The successful incumbent/s will work as part of a multidisciplinary team and be prepared to undertake international assignments. Direct experience in the building and running of Australian-based water entitlements and allocation planning or operational models, while not mandatory would be a significant advantage. Experience in South-East Asia and/or South Asian IWRM projects highly desirable.
- Professional competency, experience and academic qualifications in one or more of the following
- River systems modelling (water entitlements and allocation management)
- Hydrological modelling
- Catchment Process modelling including sediment and nutrient generation and transport.
- Optimisation (NETLP and/or Genetic Algorithms) of Water Resources systems.
- MEng, MSc or PhD preferred, or equivalent professional experience in a directly relevant discipline
- An ability to work constructively with colleagues and stakeholders from a range of disciplines and backgrounds
- Excellent written and oral communication skills in English
- Able to travel nationally and internationally to undertake project work and training courses.
- International experience in directly relevant fields
- Practical experience in Australian water management and modelling approaches
- Strong water industry networks in Australia and/or internationally.
While the position is based in Canberra, applicants from other locations with outstanding capabilities will be considered. We are committed to creating a dynamic, open and innovative work-place, where highly creative people can do great things working together, and with our collaborating partners.
If you are interested in any of these positions, please email your CV and cover letter to Felicity Paul, email@example.com