Join the team at eWater
Can you use your skills to make a positive impact for the water industry in Australia and beyond?
We are a public, government-owned (NSW, Victoria, Queensland, South Australia and the Commonwealth) not-for-profit company promoting ecologically and economically sustainable water management. Our main role is to support the implementation and use of eWater Source and other eWater tools which underpin sustainable water management. We are based in Canberra, with a dedicated team of water scientists, engineers, software developers and supporting staff.
- You will have broad skills relevant to the job advertised so that you can support our mission.
- You must have an interest in science/environment, IT or professional services. You will have relevant experience drawn from working in a sciences or water organisation.
- We need you to combine your skills with the can-do spirit of our teams. You will be persuasive and effective working in a positive team culture.
- You will have a passion for what you do and the ability to focus and deliver results.
We welcome enquiries as well as applications for current openings below.
Sales & Support Engineer/Hydrologist
Experienced (2-5 years), full-time
The primary role of this position is to generate targeted revenue from the technical sales of software/training/other services offered by eWater's MUSIC business unit and to provide technical support to MUSIC and Urban Developer users.
This is an incentive based position. The salary package is up to $100,000, plus superannuation.
- Generate targeted revenue from the technical sales of software/training/other services offer by eWater's MUSIC Business unit
- Provide technical support to MUSIC and Urban Developer Users
- Work in conjunction with other hydrologists/engineers to ensure the successful implementation of specified functionality into MUSIC and related software
- Design, test and document components of MUSIC and Urban Developer
- Help in delivering the MUSIC business units organisational objectives
- Assist the documentation and training team with the translation of complex scientific concepts into supporting materials for the software
- Other duties as required
Skills, Qualifications and Experience:
- A bachelor/master degree in a civil/water/environmental engineering or science
- Demonstrated negotiation skills and commitment to earning revenue against targeted goals
- An ability to work constructively with colleagues and stakeholders from a range of disciplines and backgrounds
- Excellent written and oral communication skills
- Demonstrated ability to use a range of computer applications in addition to Microsoft Office applications
Professional experience in one or more of the following:
- Urban stormwater design
- Hydrological and water quality modelling
- Water system modelling
- Commercial technical sales and/or support experience
Please submit to:
T: 02 6201 5167
All applicants should submit a CV and covering letter outlining their suitability, measured against the position description. Only applicants considered suitable for interview will be contacted.
Applications close at 5pm, Friday 19 December 2014.